Apologies for the sound problems in this episode. It’s our first week in the new studio and we have some gremlins to sort out.
Download: Episode 6
We talk about…
Valve Cheat detection controversy
– Valve pulling an EA. Tracking people’s DNS addresses and entries such as ipconfig/displadns. Doing this through VAC.
– also facepunch (rust dev) institute robust cheat detection –
– GABE Newell responds!
Last of Us ‘Left Behind’ DLC
– homage / trash’s Bioshock infinite’s interactive sequences
– is the combat unnecessary (no)
– one solution to finding folks to play with
Steam game tagging launched, subject to immediate abuse
– gone homo, day z is ‘walking simulator’