This is an open call for performers for Marshmallow Ladyboy Jesus. If you haven’t performed before, that’s OK. All applications will be considered based on the quality and originality of the set you’re looking to do, we’re as happy to have writers and actors as traditional comedians.
First off, this is not a standup gig. Secondly, as a charity gig, we can’t pay a fee. What we do provide is an opportunity to do some genuinely experimental uncensored comedy, with a very appreciative audience, while raising money for a free open to all art centre (Exchange Dublin). The night is like a mix of Shane Langan’s Not Also But Only, Kalle Ryan’s Brown Bread Mixtape, and Cian Hallinan’s Voice Box.
We’ve run this monthly gig three times now, and here’s a few of the performances that have gone on…
* Kalle Ryan – Gave a lecture about how much of a legend he is, complete with slides.
* David Turpin – Read an epic poem about a Neanderthal falling in love with her kidnapper.
* Roger Gregg – Performed a musical detective story, with sax solos.
* Damon Blake – Read the mostly untrue diaries of his fear and loathing in Amsterdam.
* Shane Connelly – Told the true gangbang based story of Mary.
* Shane Langan – Read from his ever growing series of imaginary novels.
* Enda McNally – Sang his families theme tune karaoke style.
* Enda Muldoon – Symbolically killed his wife on stage.
We are looking forperformances that are NOT straight standup, sketch comedy, guitar comedy etc. This is a place to try a completely new direction. We have multiple microphones, DI boxes, a projector and laptop available to use during your set.
If you’ve got a humorous essay, weird video piece, comic play, interactive or audience participation bit you can’t do anywhere else, bring it to us. The atomosphere on the night is fantastic, the venues more like a theatre than a pub, and nobodies pissed so there are no hecklers.